Monday, November 7, 2011

Larami/Nerf: SuperMaxx 750!

As some of you might have noticed, I've recently acquired my first "vintage" Nerf gun.  As the title says, it is a SuperMaxx 750.  This is an older style SuperMaxx 750, the newer ones are I believe, a bit bigger, and in my opinion, uglier. :P  If you don't already know, the SuperMaxx line are, correct me if I'm wrong, all air powered.  Air powered as in you pump it up, and pull the trigger to release all the compressed air.



As the pic shows, it was made by Larami in 1996, making it older than many of my possessions! :)
Size comparison with a Nitefinder.
 Shot of the internals.  The air tank in here is extremely small, but makes up for its fast air release.  This isn't entirely sock.
 I have put hot glue over the trigger spring, which ensures a fast air release.
 I have removed the air restrictor (yes it had one), and I also replaced the barrel with cpvc.  The ideal barrel replacement for air guns would be something that has a loose fit on darts, like petg, but I haven't found anywhere local that sells it.  But I have found that cpvc works still.
I however, have not plugged the pump.  I've heard that the SM750 tanks are weak and that plugging the pump could disturb your check valve, so I left it alone.
Overall, I really like this gun.  With proper mods, this "old school" pistol can punch the 90' mark.  I haven't done that much to mine and its only hitting 50'- 60' but I'm happy with it.  I don't want to break my first vintage gun, so for now, its staying this way!

Edit:  I recently range tested it again and it looks more like its hitting 60'- 65'. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!