Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Review: Nerf Vortex Vigilon!


I just got this amazing little blaster on my birthday and was at first dissappointed when I opened it up.  I mean come on, why did it have to be a Vortex?  But after toying around with it for a little bit, I realized it was awesome!  Initially, I was very curious to see how this gun worked.  I opened it up and was quite surprised. 
The spring that launches the discs is called a torsion spring.  If you have deploy, it is just like that annoying little spring that's causing problems in the front of the gun that moves the clipwell around.  Anyways, it is surprisingly strong.  I have been un-able to range test it, due to strong winds lately, but will try to do it within the next couple of days.  Unlike most Nerf blasters, Vortex blasters are not air-powered.  They basically give the disk a big whack and send them flying.  The Vigilon has a lot of annoying safety locks.  Unless you push or pull all of them at the right time light the disc would do, then you will be un-able to load your gun when it does not have a disc. 

I have seen some complaints about the discs veering off to the left, but I have not had a problem with that.  I personally do not like the loading with the Vigilon, since it is a not clip-system of some sort, but that's just me.  My siblings complain about the discs hurting more than the regular foam darts, and I must admit that they do not give very much when they hit.

Overall, it's a decent gun, but I have not figured out and mods for it, which takes away 50% of the gun.  If you would like a blaster that you can pull out of the box and get decent ranges (I'm guessing it hits around 30 ft), I would definitely recommend it. 

 
Well that's it.  This is my first gun review, so let me know what you think and how I could improve or if I forgot to mention something you like to know!
Thanks!

Roamer

Pause Edit:  Fixed the post.  Sorry for any confusion.

4 comments:

  1. Cool little post roamer!

    And thanks for following me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! Look forward to seeing your posts!!

      Delete
  2. Nice review. My wife and I both have vigilons, they are really fun. Though it's not a clip system, I do like how it reloads. Way faster than most n-strike blasters. pop open the side, 1.2.3.4.5 shut it and go. As far as the veering left. I haven't seen that much either. The discs do hit harder, but you gotta be a wimp if you think it hurts. As far as modding potential goes, the only thing you can really do is remove all the locks, and re-position the torsion spring to wind a little tighter. This does add a good bunch of force and feet to the discs, and is definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to try that spring mod out!!

      Delete

Thanks for reading!