Tuesday, March 6, 2012

BBBB Coupler Mod

So, true to my word, I modded the big blast.  It's a very simple mod and I did it without any research, so I have no clue if anyone has done this before me.  If you are having trouble opening the gun and you don't plan on size reducing it, then just CAREFULLY pry around the orange ring on the front of the gun with a flathead screwdriver.  Anyways, here's a picture of the internals now (I forgot to put the trigger in when I took the picture):



As you can see, all I did was cut down the old rocket holder and glued the coupler on.  They didn't fit perfectly, so had to sand it down a little bit, and then slid the coupler on along with some epoxy glue.  I'm using about 10" cpvc for the barrel and it seems to work fine.  It is pouring down rain, so I am not able to range test it but will hopefully find a windless, dry day here shortly.  Anyways, I love this gun and would recommend it to anyone! (if you can find them ;)

-Roamer

5 comments:

  1. I would use a 3/4" to 1/2" PVC slip fitting instead of a cpvc coupler. Then you can add petg barrels, hoppers, and choppers. But its your Big Blast. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For right now, I'm just going to leave it. It's shooting at least 100' I think! :D :D :D (did you call the NEX??)

      Delete
    2. IF you happen to stumble upon another one, roamer, you will remember me :)

      Delete
    3. Of course! I should be there again this weekend, and will check. I'll buy you one if they have them!!

      Delete
    4. And don't forget to get me one too. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for reading!