Friday, March 2, 2012

SM750 Updates: Petg and More!


So for those of you who have been following my blog for a while, you might remember a post I made a while back on my Supermaxx 750, here.  Well, since then, it has gone though some other modifications.

New and Improved Internals!

It now uses a 5" Petg barrel, nested inside an equal length of 1/2" Pvc.


The 750 itself is 1/2" Pvc couplered, which was surprisingly simple to do.  It turns out that the stock barrel OD of the stock barrel is the same OD of that of 1/2" Pvc.  I simply slathered it in superglue and slipped the coupler on.


The pump of the SM750 is still not plugged, however I did modify it.  I added springs to the Oprv so that it takes more pressure for it to release air.  I kinda followed Louie's writeup shown here.  The Oprv now "pops" at 4-5 pumps instead of the regular 2 pumps.  Now I don't have to worry about my tank bursting if some random kid picks it up and starts to pump it up.


Sadly, after all of that work, I am still not achieving the 80- 90 foot ranges these normally get.  I don't know what is wrong, but I suspect it might be my dart fit.  I was also told to try a longer barrel, so I might try that too.  But for now, here is a fireing vid:


2 comments:

  1. nice job with the rebarrel and everything. good luck getting your ranges up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 inches is too short--I would use at least 6 inches with your 4-5 pump SM750. I used a 12 inch barrel on mine and hit 220 feet per second! Granted, my tank has a leak so I overpump the shit out of it with 7-8 pumps. Check out my mod here: http://nerfbuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/supermaxx-750-mod.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!